Tuesday, June 9, 2009

insecure / douche(-would-you-like-a)bag

Do you ever worry you're just not going to make it? I try really hard to just think positive or whatever, but sometimes I can't help but wonder if I am doomed to spend the rest of my life as a ho-hum secretary living pay check to pay check and working on independent films whos pay checks never seem to come. Maybe I'm just not as good as I thought or maybe I won't get that break or maybe or maybe or maybe....

During times like these i find it helpful to refer to a quote from my favorite shallow shoe loving desperate housewife, Gabby: "I've been broke before, but I've never been poor. Because poor is just a state of mind." Try it yourself the next time you find yourself walking to work to save gas money. 

On another note, today I stopped by home depot to pick up some paint swatch samples for a director... a director who hadn't really given me much direction other than "oh either purple or green or orange".... hmmmm. As i shoved every purple-or-green-or-orange paint chip on the wall in my purse i received a scathing look from a man in an orange apron. "Do you need a Bag?" He snapped staring at the bulge in my clutch. 

rude-sauce, or what? Art is totally, like, hard. 




No comments: